Thursday, August 7, 2014

What Can I Do Now?

"What can I do now, Ms. S.?"  It never fails.  Doesn't matter how many enrichment activities, ELAR stations, math games, or task cards that I have set up all around my room, it's a daily question.

We all have them - those "Fast Finishers" who complete an assignment before you've even finished passing them out.  Yes, of course, you have a TON of things that your kiddos can do when they are finished (starting with that jam-packed unfinished work folder!!!).  Problem is, they can never seem to remember all the wonderful things that you've spent HOURS and HOURS preparing just to avoid that question!

I can't complain too much because I, too,  have the memory of a fly.  I am a very visual person, so I can't rely on my memory or my ears to get me through the day.  I LOVE signs and posters, and I ABHOR empty walls, which is why it's difficult to find an inch of bare wall space in my classroom!  I created these cute little posters (with a little inspiration from my equally-OCD best friend and coworker) as a visual reminder of all the things my kiddos can do when that assignment is safely turned in!

Enjoy the download!  And if you're anything like me, enjoy the next couple of weeks of putting your classroom back together without any AC!!!

What Can I Do Now? - Classroom Posters for the Fast Finisher***

PS - Be on the lookout in the next couple of days for a set of posters to answer more of those everyday questions - "Can we use markers?",  Where do I put it when I'm done?",  "Can we work with a partner?", and more!!!

***The link has expired!  Please visit my TPT store by clicking on the link in the sidebar to purchase your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment