Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Didn't I Already Answer That?

"Can we use markers on this?"  That has to be the #1 question that my kids ask, no matter the grade level.  What's the deal with markers, anyway?  I, personally, love crayons!  Markers smear and get on my hands and ink from the paper always bleeds in with the markers, ruining the color.  Okay, so maybe I'm a little OCD.  And perhaps I've done a lot of thinking about this.  But when you get asked that question as many times as we teachers do, you tend to obsess over it.

Not to mention all the other questions we get asked on a day-to-day basis. "Is this for a grade?"  "Can we work on the floor?"  "Where do I put it when I'm finished?"  "Do I take this home?"  "Can I work with a partner?" 

Wait.  Didn't I already answer that when I was giving the directions?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  So I guess I must be just a tad bit crazy (what teacher isn't???) because it took inspiration from a friend to get me thinking about my latest creation.  Why not have signs on the board that answer those never-ending questions?  I have signs everywhere else, and there is just a tiny bit of space on the left side of my white board. 

These signs answer those never-ending questions!  Just post them and make multiple copies of the stars that are included in the bundle.  Velcro the stars and a corner of the posters, and place the stars on the posters that answer those questions about the given assignment!  Voila!  No more questions!  And they go great with the last freebie I posted - classroom posters for the fast finishers in your room.

What? Where? Who? - Classroom Posters for those Never-Ending Questions***

***The link has expired!  Please visit my TPT store by clicking on the link in the sidebar to get your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment