Monday, June 9, 2014

What Was I Thinking???

Summer school started today.  This is the first time in thirteen years that I've worked during my vacation.  I'm still on the fence about whether or not it will be worth it.  Certainly the extra money will be nice.  But God gave teachers several months of vacation for a reason!  By the end of the year, we are very near burn-out (if we haven't spontaneously combusted!). 

When state testing ended this year, I knew it hadn't truly ended for me.  As of today, I have nine kiddos that need me to help them pass their third attempt at the standardized math test so that they can move into middle school.  How will we do it in eleven instructional days?  I'm hoping today's freebie will help.  Fractions are difficult, especially for children with learning disabilities.  Games break up the monotony of test prep, and that was my intent with this activity - racing to change improper fractions to mixed numbers, and vice versa.  Click here to download Fraction Find!***  All of my products are always available at my TeachersPayTeachers online store, but if you sign up to follow my blog, you will never miss a freebie!  You'll receive an email every time I update!

Eleven days.  That's what I keep telling myself.  Just eleven days.  And then my summer can officially begin...

***The link to Fraction Find has expired!

No comments:

Post a Comment