Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's only Tuesday!

It's been a heck of a week!  I watched my Spurs win the NBA championship, dropped my cell phone in a cup of coffee, mowed, edged, & watered a half-acre yard, cleaned my house, ran 4 miles, created an order form for some sports photography I'm shooting on Friday, went to lunch with my family on Father's Day, captured head shots for an up-and-coming teen star, hung with some girlfriends and all the kiddos at the pool, and made my own dusting spray (because I was too tired to run to the store for some Pledge - and it's awesome - comment for the recipe!).  This is how I spend my "spare" time when my kids are with their dad.  And it's only Tuesday!

And yes, I'm still teaching summer school!  Six more days to go! 

At the end of last week, I got an email from my principal that she'd like me to present a mini-lesson to the faculty during staff development in August.  (Sigh of relief!)  I already have something that I used this past year.  Thank God for small favors!

My school kiddos really struggled with understanding decimals.  After the first assessment, I realized that they needed some serious reteach.  Soooooooooooooo...I taught a mini-lesson on ordering decimals, then used the Batting Average Decimal Challenge*** that I created as a fun activity to practice ordering decimals.  I added an assessment to the activity to monitor the success of the my reteach.  Click on the activity to download a copy!


Here's to the rest of the week! 

***The link has expired, but you can find the Batting Average Decimal Challenge in my TeachersPayTeachers online store!  Happy teaching!

2 comments:

  1. I just think you are Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I wish! If I were Wonder Woman, I could clone myself, and one of us would get a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete